September 13, 2012

How Bella Met Thor

That's what "Snow White and the Huntsman"
should have been called, because that's what it felt like.
 
I watched it for the first time yesterday,
and while I didn't hate it... I didn't love it either.
One of those "it's worth watching once, but why in the
heck did I buy the stinkin' dvd!?" movies.
 
I confess, I watched it for Chris Hemsworth.
Hemsworth stands for
Him's-worthy-of-drooling!!!
I usually don't like the obviously hot actors... you know,
the kind with big muscles and a gorgeous face,
but I have a crush on this one. Can't help it.
 
Anyway, I have to say
that I'm a fan of the Twilight books.
(Except maybe the last part of Breaking Dawn
but that's a venting session for another post.)
I have a love/hate relationship with the movies.
They annoy the crap out of me, yet I enjoy
watching them.  Can't explain it.
 
I feel the same way about Kristen Stewart.
I like her as Bella (since I can't picture any other
actress in that part now) yet she bugs me.
 
I decided to watch "Snow Gripe and the Hot Huntsman"
with an open mind, not really thinking I'd be reminded
of the Twilight series... but there were several
moments that caught my attention.

*Spoiler Warning!*
 
First, there was the cliff jumping scene
 which reminded me of "New Moon."
 
Then there was a moment in the forest
that also reminded me of "New Moon."
 
You can't forget a good ol' love triangle!
Kristen must demand this in her contracts now.
"Ms. Steward must have AT LEAST two handsome
men fawning over her at the same time...
plus millions of dollars. Thanks."

There's the everyone-thinks-I'm-
dead-but-yay!-not-really thing too
 like in "Breaking Dawn." But a lot less gross.
 
I can't be the only one who noticed
these similarities while watching it right!?
 
I have to give points to K-Stew
for rolling around in so much mud and gunk, though.
Seriously, it's like the writer thought,
"I'm going to create a movie where everyone is
covered in filth the ENTIRE time!!!"
 
Except the final scene-
where everyone was cleaned up nicely, at last.
 
I have to give cred to
Chrissy-Poo, of course, for
providing the eye candy.
The costume/make-up people thought,
"Take the blonde out of his hair and nobody will
even think of Thor!"  Um. Nice try.
  
The person who REALLY steals the show, however,
is Charlize Theron as the wicked queen.
She's fierce, she's scary, and
she has an awesome wardrobe!
 
Oh, and this guy gets the
"worst haircut in the movie" award.
Congratulations creepy brother guy!

Despite all my nit-picking,
do I recommend this movie?
Yes.

As I said, it's worth seeing
at least once.

One more thing to add to this topic:
the end of the movie leaves it open to sequels.
I read in THIS article that because of the whole
Kristen Stewart + Director love affair dealy-o,
Universal Studios won't be "inviting"
her back to reprise the role.

I thought,
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I may not be a huge fan of Kristen,
nor to I condone her smooching a married guy,
but why don't they kick that director to the curb instead!?
She is probably way more valuable to the franchise than him!
I hate it when actors/actresses are replaced in sequels and
it's pretty common to have different directors
for each movie in a franchise.

Then I read at the end of that same article
that Universal is having second thoughts and
supposedly never shunned Kristen.
Smart move, Universal.

 
"Snow White and the Huntsman"
screencaps taken from ladymanson.com


3 comments:

Traxy said...

Ya know, when I saw the trailer for this film, "Thor vs Bella" was the only thing running through my head. I wouldn't mind seeing this film because of the hot huntsman and Charlize Theron (can't abide KS trying to act, sorry), though! :)

Nat said...

Trax! My first comment on this blog! :) Yeah, KS and her "acting" is what tainted the movie for me. I like to get lost in the film... taken to another world, but with this, all I kept thinking was, "Ugh- Bella!" and it didn't help that the writer/director used shots similar to Twilight.

Phylly3 said...

I haven't seen this yet but I can totally understand why Charlize Theron would steal the movie!